Pages

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Like a Kid

Me being a kid :)
Sometimes, I just wish I were a kid, or at least, I wish thought like a kid, because the reality that in life, we have to grow up and move on is really driving me mad!


Tomorrow, we'll be claiming our togas and invitations for our graduation this Friday, and it's just now that I realised that I've got so little time to be with my precious friends in school. *sob* 

High school was really awesome for me. I got two medals for contests I joined, and I also received several certificates. I celebrated with my classmates for class victories, hung out at the mall with some friends after a tiring exam day, and most of all I met some of the best people who walked on earth - ever!

I also learned a lot of things beyond my thick textbooks!

I learned that 'first friends' won't last forever, but true friends will. NOT ALL SCARY TEACHERS ARE BAD. Saying 'NO' is never an option, but 'I'll try' is. Trolleys are not only for grade-schoolers, but also for thin and weak girls who have a spinal disease, like me. Frogs are not gross! I am AWESOME in basketball. I want to be a writer after all - not a doctor, not a lawyer... a writer. Eating lunch in the school cafeteria isn't a bad idea at all. Harry Potter is not real, but Daniel Radcliffe is. It's not that difficult to get along with boys, when you can play the guitar and when you know how to be 'dirty'. Failing an exam is still a part of the test - get over it, and you passed! Grades are just grades. TALK. Take the stage if you can. Dance when you have to. Raise your voice when you have to. Awesome will be mediocre when you say it all the time. It's OK to greet your friends with a cuss. I learned how to swoon over boys that only exist in movies, magazines, and TV. Eating chips and crisps for lunch is a bad idea. The bathroom is one of the worst places you'll ever visit. And, I learned that high school is horrible and awesome at the same time.

I'm sure I'll get over the fact that high school's almost over, but that doesn't mean I'll forget about it forever. High school is a part of me, and it will always be.


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment