Pages

Wednesday 6 April 2011

DIY: Guitar Picks into Accessories

Remember those Beatles guitar picks I showed y'all? Well, yeah, I found something to do with them. Since I don't want to use 'em with my usual guitar-playing, I decided to turn them into kick-ass accessories. So here they are, and they look perfect!



I kept the necklace, but I gave the bracelet to a dear friend of mine, Renzen, who is a fellow Beatles fan.

If you're wondering how I made them, then I'll tell you, and just so you know, they're easy to do.

All you need are guitar picks (you can use any kind of guitar picks, of course!), fashion jewellery chains, jump rings, locks, 2 pairs of pliers and an awl to put a hole on each pick - these items, by the way, are available at craft stores.

1. Put a hole on each pick by piercing a heated awl through it.

2. Twist jump rings open with the pliers, depending on how many picks you have.

3. Attach each opened jump ring to the chain, add the pick, then twist the jump ring close with the pliers. Repeat, until all of the picks are attached to the chain.

4. Attach a jump ring at both of the ends of the chain. Close one, while add a lock to the other before closing.

5. Admire your work.

It's that easy!!!


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment