Pages

Saturday 23 April 2011

In Full Bloom


The last time I saw roses in full bloom - large, colourful, and fragrant - was when I was way back in Brighton.

My family and I were on our way to the train station, and I happened to see a front yard booming with roses of every colour. To a nine-year-old girl, it was like seeing Wonderland for a second. The blossoms were simply lovely. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life. Then I saw a rose fall on the ground. I picked it up, and smelled it. God, that scent! I'll never forget that delicate rosy floral scent. 

This morning, I woke up and saw my grandmum arranging flowers on our sitting room centre table, then there they were - pink roses in full bloom. They were not as big as the ones I saw in Brighton, nor as fragrant, but they were enough to brighten up my day after having an anxiety attack last night. 


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment