Pages

Friday 8 April 2011

The Bitter-sweet Between My Teeth

Me and my AXIAH girls (from left: Grace, Felis, Ciara, Angelli, Inah, Anne, then there's me)
Right now, I'm happy - I graduated! I FINALLY finished high school! I've got every reason to be happy and to celebrate! But I'm sure there will come a time that I'll feel sad about the fact that I won't get to see my friends and classmates on a "day-to-day basis" any more. I guess the whole "I-graduated-and-will-never-see-my-friends-as-much" thing hasn't sunk in my brain yet!


The graduation ceremony turned out fine. Our practises really paid off. We sang our grad song with full energy, as though we want to blow our lungs off - right, Mei Li and Ivy? We stood up and sat down in-sync. And, we delivered the pledge of loyalty and the alumni oath whatsoever all right, compared to the way we delivered 'em during our practises. 

Right after the ceremony, hot wet tears started to roll out of eye shadow-glazed eyes, except mine. I wasn't crying at all, and that's not a surprise, because I rarely cry. We took a lot of pictures too!

When the photo-op craziness ended, we headed downstairs and had to wait for an hour and a half for our report cards to be issued. Geez! It was one of the longest one and a half hours of my whole life! I was so anxious to know my final quarter grades! I did not want to graduate with a decreased grade. And so, when I received the Manila envelope that holds my report card, I felt a great relief rush in my nerves. My final grade increased! Aside from that, I got an "Excellent" and a "Superior" in my IQ tests in English and Physics, respectively. Yep, I'm that awesome! *I'm just teasing!*

Me and my famille then had lunch at Fish and Co. to celebrate my tiny success. I rewarded myself with a new book (Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen) and a few back issues of Entertainment Weekly that have gone on a big sale (from 355 to 75 and 150). I also bought a few bags of crisps and sweets at the supermarket for tomorrow's trip with some classmates. 

And finally, right now, I'm blogging - duh - as my mum, aunt, and grandmum are talking about how much they'll miss seeing me in my uniform - plaid skirt and white blouse. Well, I'll miss it too! I'll miss wearing it. I'll miss the feel of the itchy plaid skirt touching my legs. And I'll miss the almost-translucent blouse I wore for the past four years.

I'm quite bitter-sweet now. It's like popping and chewing a gum and a piece of bitter gourd in my mouth at the same time.

But yeah, today's not yet goodbye, and that's for sure...


Andz


No comments:

Post a Comment