I came across this recipe earlier today, and it totally stuck in my head. So I thought my mum and I should make our own version of it for dinner, and guess what? It turned out really well!
Although it took us only a few ingredients to make this dish, it burst of sweet, savory, and spicy flavours here and there without overwhelming our taste buds, which is great! It's also super easy to cook - perfect for everyone who doesn't want to cook complicated dishes on a simple evening.
Chili-Parmesan Shrimp Skillet
(adapted from the blog How Sweet It Is)
1 pound raw peeled and de-veined shrimp
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Instead of penne, we used capellini or "angel hair" pasta
~ ~ ~
1. In a bowl, mix the olive oil, parmesan, minced garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, and the red pepper flakes.
2. Add the shrimp in a Ziploc bag, and pour the sauce in. Seal and shake.
3. Refrigerate your marinade for 30 minutes (or for as long a you wish, so the flavours could really seep into the shrimps).
4. Cook your pasta.
5. Dump the contents of the Ziploc bag into a pan, and cook until shrimps turn pink.
6. In low heat, add your pasta, and toss.
7. Serve and enjoy!