Though I enjoy doing free hand nail art, it can get pretty frustrating at times, especially when I applied the base coat perfectly, only to be ruined by a careless mistake, and I have to do everything all over again.
Shit like that happens a lot, so sometimes, I just resort to nail decals. However, nail decals look generic. Mass-made. And, there's a big chance that somebody else in the world is sporting the same nail art as yours.
Fortunately, there's a way to skip all the frustration (and un-originality), while keeping the raw and handmade effect that comes with free hand nail art designs, and in this post, I'll show you how.
Text too tiny? Simply click on the photos to enlarge. :)
1. With a fine tip brush, draw the design on the stamper. Make it thick, but not goopy.
2. Since nail decals are tiny, you can paint more than one designs on the stamper. See how I made three birds fit?
3. Let the design dry and set. You can place the stamper in a bowl of icy water to help the design set quicker.
4. Gently slide the scraper under your design and lift a tiny portion of it.
5. Use tweezers to carefully pick up the decal.
6. Position the decal on your nail.
7. Lightly press the decal onto your nail.
8. Brush on your top coat.