Let sweet and salty flavours brighten up your morning with this super simple breakfast recipe. Actually, this is my mum's version of the classic favourite French toast, and I just kinda tried replicating it today out of hunger, and also because I want something nice to eat while watching the 2015 Oscars. Haha!
Cheese-filled French Toast
1/8 Cup condensed milk
* * *
1. In a bowl, combine the egg and condensed milk. Lightly beat the mixture.
2. Top a slice of bread with your choice of cheese (I used Kraft's Cheddar cheese, which is available in Philippine supermarkets).
3. Place another slice of bread on top of the cheese-filled slice, and press down until the slices flatten.
4. This step is optional, but for easy serving, you can cut the bread into quarters.
5. Coat the slices with the egg-and-milk mixture.
6. Fry until golden brown.
7. Serve and enjoy!
***You can dust your French toast with powder sugar or top it with syrup.