Pages

Thursday 7 April 2011

Etsy.com - The Site that Should've Been a Museum/Gallery

Some talented artists may not be paid to have their best works displayed in the Louvre or even in the national gallery. But with the internet, their masterpieces could just be discovered by the world if they post their pieces online.



A few months ago (er, until now, actually), I found myself obsessing over an online shop with really unique finds - Etsy.com. The accessories available are gorgeously vintage and the apparels are equally gorgeous. But it's the artwork/photography section that really got me.

Digital, print, painting, drawing, sketch, mixed media - GOD! Art nirvana fills my heart whenever I visit etsy.com. In fact, my peacock layout is a simple collage I made out of my favourite peacock prints I found in the site. I love all the colours the artists use, the emotion that they capture in their pieces/photographs, and  the message they want to tell through their works of art/pictures.

Sometimes, I wish etsy were a museum/gallery, which I can visit any time I want, and see the beauty of the pieces up-close, not just through my computer screen.


Here are some of my other favourites:

*Note:
I saved these images long ago, and I really can't find a way to trace the artists who created these wonderful pictures, so whoever created these images I posted here, credits go to you, and I want to let you know that you're awesome and that I admire you a LOT!







I love this piece so much, cos it reminds me of the Brighton pier (which is actually the subject of this work), where I used to hang out a lot with my mum and dad during lazy weekends. 








Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment