Pages

Saturday 27 April 2013

Out and About - Days 34, 35, and 36

April 24, 2013
Zelny Trh, Masaryk University, Cafe Havana

I played with my lomo camera the whole morning at Zelny Trh, which is - as I've said - my favourite place in Brno. Justine and Pavel are wondering why I love that place so much, and I told them that I love seeing the busy people. I find the busy local scene really interesting and warm.

I had to run to Subway for a take-away sandwich, because I had to talk to Selene at 2 pm. This time, literally!!! Yes, I finally got to talk with Selene and hear her voice (oh, God, I love her accent!) and all that!

Oh, gosh, it was so fun! We originally decided to Skype to plan our pilot webisode for SSO, which we have yet to start (I'll write the script tonight), as we're really, really busy lately. So, we talked about our newly-planned "show", problems in our society today, and just fan-girled together.

It was really nice getting to know her more. She's such an animated person, and I could tell with our short chat, that she's a really nice and fun person to be with. Now, I really want to meet her in person! That would be awesome!

After chatting with Selene, I also got to talk with my aunts and cousins back in the Philippines. I miss them, and it was nice to see them again!

For my evening class... Well, I didn't have an evening class cos I didn't have students at all! It's exam week, and I guess they're busy studying. I couldn't blame them, really, so I just went out with Justine for some pizza. And then in the evening, we watched a classic Czech film and Christmas favourite. Its Czech title is "Tři oříšky pro Popelku" or "Three Wishes For Cinderella" in English.

It's some kind of a Cinderella re-telling with a twist. In the movie, Cinderella's stronger, tougher, and braver. She's a mix of the Disney Princess we all know and Merida from Brave.



    


Greetings from Buenos Aires, Argentina!
Say hi to Selene! :D



DINNAH!


April 25, 2013 - Loooooooooong Day
Agency VIKA, VUT, Masaryk University, Akademická Kavárna, Pet'a's Flat

Justine, Aor, and I headed to Agency VIKA - a language school - to meet Vilma, whom we met during our first few days here in Brno. She's teaching English, and she'd like her students to meet us. It was fun getting to talk to them. Their English isn't as good as our regular students', but they really are trying their best. and I guess that's what matters most.

We then had lunch at some Asian restaurant with food that don't taste so Asian at all. Haha! I had some stir-fried chicken with mushrooms, and it wasn't bad at all. We had some frozen berries ice cream after that.

With nothing much to do at the moment, I accompanied Justine to her 1 pm class at VUT. It was my first time to tag along in her class, and the conversation was pretty interesting, as we talked about movies. Her students are really good, and the conversation just kept flowing, because they kept throwing in their ideas and thoughts, and that's what kept things going smoothly.

We had to return to our dormitory after her class to prepare for my 5 pm class at VUT as well. As usual, it was a pretty quiet class with them again. Honestly, I really dunno what to do with them anymore. I try everything to make them speak, and all I get is a little response. It gets really embarrassing at times, but I really do appreciate the fact that they still attend the classes nonetheless.

I also got a message from Rister - another intern from AIESEC-UST who's on an exchange under AIESEC-Prague - saying that he'll be visiting Brno in the evening. It was so sudden, but he's really had a tough time in Prague (LC EP servicing issues), so I thought he needed a break. I were to fetch him half past eight.

We had "Photo Evening" for my 7:10 pm class, and we shared some pictures that best describe our lives so far. It's really interesting to get to know my students in a different way. With a few minutes left, we headed to 
Akademická Kavárna for a glass of wine and some snacks.

I had to leave the group earlier, so I could fetch Rister. Justine - who joined my class, as she's got only one student - took over for the remaining minutes.

I met Rister at Brno's only bus terminal, and it was really great to finally meet him. We only get to chat on Facebook before - Patty introduced him to me, as he needed so much help with exchange over the past month.

It was almost half past nine, but my day hasn't ended yet. With Rister, I met Péťa, Aor, Kristýna, Katka, and Justine at Česká, as we'll be cooking some Czech food, specifically "bramborové knedlíky se špenátem a vepřovou kotletou" at Péťa's flat.

This bramborové knedlíky se špenátem a vepřovou kotletou is a dish made up of some spinach sauce, potato dumplings, and pork chop.


I was in-charge of the potato dumplings, cos I've always wanted to learn how to make them. They turned out pretty good, but not as perfect as those that I eat in restaurants. Perhaps, I could make some of them when I come back to the Philippines.

Rister also experimented with the Czech ingredients, and tried to cook something oriental with them. Haha! 

We stayed up all night long, just cooking and eating, and drinking (grape soda  for me again!). It was an awesome cooking session!

Oh, God! This ice cream tastes so bloody good, I can
eat it forever!

At  Akademická Kavárna with David, Justine, Barbora, and Pavel.
Man, they have really good wine here! I had a glass of
rulandské šedé, and I loved it!

Aor, Péťa, Rister, Katka, Justine, and Kristýna chillin' at the kitchen before
cooking :)











And so, I enrolled myself in Péťa's Culinary School for International Students




Bramborové knedlíky se špenátem a vepřovou kotletou


A photo Péťa recently tagged me in :D



April 26, 2013

Mendel University, Na Chatě Restaurant and Pub

I love how my Friday class went! 

As we had this schedule mishap three weeks ago, we had to hold a make-up class, so we decided to just do it outside for three straight hours. We went to Na Chatě Restaurant and Pub, which is just across Mendel University.

I had some pasta and that "Yellow" drink, as they call it. It's non-alcoholic and its got this lemon-y taste to it. I really liked it! 

Our conversation just kept going, and it was pretty fun! 


Meet my Friday bunch!
Veronika, Robert, Karolina, and Jan




Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment