Pages

Wednesday 24 April 2013

Out and About - Days 31, 32, and 33

April 21, 2013
Avion Shopping Park, Olympia

What a Sunday this was! And I don't say that with much joy at all. 

I had to deal with a really close college friend of mine, who has been self-harming, and I was so worried that she would commit suicide - I'd rather not share the whole story here. I tried my best to keep the line open with her, and do everything to make her feel better. She's one of my closest friends, and I don't want to lose her. 

Then in the afternoon, Selene sent me this really unbelievable story that made me feel really bad. I felt blood drain from my body, and Justine had to ask me if I were OK. I wasn't, but I told her I was, anyway. It's not much of a big deal, but I was just so taken aback by what I read. It's crazy!

On the lighter side of my Sunday...

Justine and I finally went to IKEA. Both of us were craving for some meatballs, and we just have to have them! So, we went to Avion Shopping Park to get our meatball fix. With only 300 crowns in our wallets (we had yet to have our money changed!), we simply window-shopped, and ate some ice cream.

Man, I missed IKEA's soft-serve ice cream! It's been a while, since I had it (Singapore trip), and it still tastes as heavenly! I really hate the fact that the Philippines doesn't have a single IKEA store! Like, seriously! Business tycoons build these really huge malls, but not IKEA! Ugh. 

After IKEA, we went to Olympia, which is, perhaps, Brno's best shopping mall. Justine needs to buy a new pair of shoes, as her mum forgot to pack her rubber shoes, and we'll go nature-tripping again on Saturday, so we pretty much dropped by every shoe shop we passed by. But then again, we had very little in our pockets, so we stopped the urge of buying anything.

We were supposed to attend the 7:30 mass at the Petrov, but it was closed! We feel pretty bad, as it's been three weeks since we last attended the mass. All we get to do every week is go to the church and pray. 

IKEA soft-serve ice cream - it's been a while :P 

Just before we headed to the church, we rested at this park.
Man everyone sure was busy! Busy kissing!
:*
Justine and I felt a bit uncomfortable. Haha!


April 22, 2013
Mendel University

I love my Monday classes as well! The people are just a great prelude to a new week. 

I showed both classes (I had two) photos that show the quirks of the Philippines, and they seemed really interested, especially when it came to the photo and video of people carrying a house or "bayanihan". I also sensed their innards flip when I showed them photos of the balut and isaw. And they were really at awe, when I showed them photos of the tarsier! Especially the meme that says: "Yoda, More Fun In The Philippines". A student of mine even said that it's his dream now to see that "Yoda Monkey". Haha!


April 23, 2013
Brno, Masaryk University

I went out with Justine and Pavel - a student of mine - today to go practise my photography skills. Pavel used to be a part of the Czech Press, so he's far more experienced than I am when it comes to photography, so he lent me his camera to experiment with.

It was my first time to shoot with a professional camera, and it was pretty difficult, really, and not to mention, the camera was super heavy! I learned new terms, how to stay stable while shooting, and just to be... fearless.

It was pretty fun! But you know, I still have a lot to learn, before I get the photos right. I will be getting the photos by Thursday, so yeah. I'll show you some of them...

We talked about movies for tonight's class. The discussion was OK, but our post-class pub visit always proves to be the most effective way to make them talk. So like last week, we stayed at the pub till midnight. I had some ribs, but I didn't drink any alcohol at all. I'm sick of it.

Trying to take a picture of tiny flowers and critters...
But they said my position won't do me good, so...

They made me do this :P




Andz

3 comments:

  1. Hope you post your photos Andy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post! Thanks God we had the chance to talk about "that" through Skype. It was waaaay easier! :)
    Keep going! You're doing amazing with photography!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I were better! Looking at the photos now, they look pretty crappy! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete