Pages

Thursday 11 April 2013

Out and About - Day 20

April 10, 2013
Masaryk University and VUT

The weather had a meltdown today; something like a mental breakdown if it had a brain.

When I woke up, it was raining. And then, past noon time, it was sunny and warm. In the afternoon, there was rain and hail. And finally, in the evening, it was cool and the sky was clear with the gazillions of stars twinkling for the naked eye to see.

So, today, I rebooked my flight. Originally, I planned to leave Czech in May 10, but when I found out that my co-interns will be leaving right after the project ends, I decided to leave earlier. The new plan is I'll leave Czech in the evening of May 6.

In class today, only two out of seven attended. It is quite frustrating, really, but whatever their reason is (school work or drinking), I understand; however, they paid 900Kc for this program. They might as well make the best of it, right?

Thinking that it would be very boring to have only two students in a class, I decided to merge my students with Aor's - who were holding the class at the same floor.

We really had a great time! Aor is wonderful, and she handles her class really well, I must say. Her students are very lively, too! We had some fun discussing about food - today's topic. I got to taste  some home-made Czech goodies as well, because Aor had her students bring some food for the class.

I have to say that Czech snacks are really tasty! I dunno how to spell them, but trust me when I say that they taste really good!

After the class, Aor, Justine, and I met to see this light show at VUT. They say that it's quite a popular event among uni students here, so we went there after our classes.

You see, VUT is a university that's situated in the middle of what looks like a forest, and to get to the venue of the show, we had to climb up this steep, muddy, and slippery hill. It was quite a thrill, really. It was also very dark, and the only things we could cling on are tree branches that are far away from each other. It was a crazy climb.

When we got to the top, there were thousands and thousands of people, drinking, smoking, having a good time as the lights in this dormitory create images, with rock music playing in the background.

We didn't stay too long, because 1 - we didn't have anything to drink, 2 - the light show's pretty cool but not that grand, 3 - it's getting late and we're tired and judging by the number of people at the tram stop, getting a ride back wouldn't be too easy.

We reached our dorm, anyhow, and now, I'm dog-beat and all I want to do is sleep...






Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment