Pages

Saturday 6 April 2013

Out and About - Days 14 and 15

April 4, 2013
-Around Brno, University of Technology, Masaryk University

Yesterday morning, Aor, Snizhana, and I headed off to buy bus tickets, as we're planning to go to Vienna this weekend. We were pretty pleased that we had to pay less than 500Kc for a return ticket! The thing is, youths here (26 years old below) get discounts for travelling, so we got it a few percent less. That's pretty good, considering that Vienna is an expensive city (as we've heard - we have yet to find out ourselves).

Then, as Snizhana has a noontime class, Aor and I decided to just eat out for lunch. We really wanted to try some local food, but we just couldn't find the perfect place for it! All we see are cafes and pubs. I know they serve local food at pubs, but we weren't really in the mood of walking into a pub without the other girls, so we just decided to eat at the Taiwanese restaurant we ate at on Easter Sunday.

When we got to the restaurant, they were closed. And so, we had to find another place to eat at. Really hungry then, we just went into a restaurant.

The place was pretty nice... A bit dark, but that's just how restaurants are here, so we didn't really mind at all, besides, a lot of people filled the place, and award certificates were plastered on the walls.

We found a perfect spot by the window, and we were handed the menu by the waitress. Everything seemed OK, until I saw the menu. Oh, God, that menu scared the shit out of me! In fact, typing this itself is still freaking the fuck out of me. Sorry for the words, but really, that menu scared the shit out of me. 

The titles were all hell-ish. Words like "Devil's Menu" and "Lucifer" were on the menu, and sheesh! That was just enough to scare the scrupulous OCD side of me. Then all of a sudden, the people around us looked scary. The food in the menu looked less appetizing. And then, it was just then that I realised that the place was actually filled with creepy decorations. 

If I weren't hungry, I would've ran out of the place.

Aor, on the other hand, enjoyed the experience. She was really thrilled, and she kept teasing and laughing at  me, because I was really freaked out then. 

I wasn't able to sleep well last night, because of that. It felt like walking into a horror film.

Anyway, I had two classes yesterday. The first one at VUT and the other one at Masaryk.

Honestly, I didn't enjoy the class at VUT. They are the least energetic students I had, and they didn't seem too happy to be in my class. I was really racking my head, like "WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO, SO WE CAN HAVE FUN?!" Some students are OK, but most of them just looked bored, and I don't like that, because I never had boring classes in the past. Just with them. I really have to find out a way to ease them to speak more and perhaps... Smile more?

My last class for the day was at Masaryk University again. I really like it in Masaryk University. There's something home-y about the place. Even the man at the reception's kind!

With some twists and turns - Paja mixed up my, Justine's, and Snizha's room numbers - we finally made it to our right classrooms.

Unlike my first class of the day, I extremely enjoyed this evening class! They were the smallest group I had - four people - so, I had to do some modification with my lesson plan, as the activities I prepared aren't really  for a class of four.

The whole time, we were just talking like a barkada. I showed them photos of beautiful sights in the Philippines, and they just kept throwing in questions, which is nice, as I love answering questions about the Philippines. Their questions aren't stupid questions either! They made sense, and the conversations we had were just so interesting. We also talked about Brno, pubs, and Czech in general.

We also played the guessing game and had the talk show activity, but with a really small group, all I wanna do is chat with them! I never felt like that with a class before! I really liked and enjoyed their company, and I'm looking forward to meet them again next week! Probably, we'll hold the class out of the uni - as that's allowed. We might go to a pub or a cafe to chill. Haha!



With my second class :)


April 5, 2013
-Mendel University, Around Brno (Galerie Vankovka)

Now... Today... Hmmm...

I had a bad day. 

The weather's bad.

It was raining.

I missed the tram and had to wait for 10 minutes for the next one.

I was 10 minutes late for class.

And when I arrived, nobody was around.

I really don't understand why!

I mean, couldn't they wait at least?

Is 10 minutes that long to grow impatient and just leave?

Well, there was a mix-up in my Friday schedule.

Written in two schedule forms say that my class runs from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm.

Then in one says that my Friday class starts at 11 am.

Thinking that Paja must've made a mistake on the schedules again, I just went with the 11:30 schedule. After all, she doesn't reply to my messages and 11:30 is written in two schedule forms.

But since nobody appeared for the 11:30 class, I'm starting to think that the class must've been at 11! Man, I feel so bad! Now I have to deal with make-up classes and pissed students!

To ease the tension in my head, I met with Justine at Ceska and had luch at Subway. Haha! Yep, we love Subway here so much, because their sandwiches taste better than the sandwiches we make at our dorm!

We then strolled around town, and looked for Galerie Vankovka - a shopping mall. I bought an umbrella from H&M - what? I needed it! And some hair elastics, as my hair's quite long now (ooh, papa can't wait to get it chopped!) and it can get out of control at times.

OK, I better go now, as I have to rest, cos we have an early morning trip to Vienna tomorrow :)

BTW, I have no photos for today.


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment