Pages

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Out and About - Day 11

April 1, 2013 - Easter Monday
Brno

The weather was pretty good today.

The sun was shining; the snow started to melt (again); and it seemed warm enough to go outside, despite the fact that the temperature was 0°C, so Justine and I decided to take a stroll around Brno.

I'm starting to get used to this place. Well, as I'll be staying here for the rest of the summer, I might as well start loving this place. Not that I don't like this place, because I do! I really do! But, you know, being far away from home is really difficult! Ever since the day I left Manila, everything's just been so different, and I had and still have to deal with tons of adjustments.

I'm actually doing things that I never thought I would be able to do: preparing my own meals, doing my own laundry, arranging flights, booking tickets, shopping for groceries, budgeting my allotted pocket money, battling language barrier, even taking a shot of that awful-tasting - God, it was so bloody awful! - vodka! And all of these I do away from my family, friends, and home country!

Sometimes, I wonder if I've ever lived before, because now, I really do know and feel what living is like. 

It's true what they say... You never know who you are until you find yourself in an environment that foreign to you.

Anyway, we had a stroll around Brno today. And since Easter Monday's a holiday, most shops are closed, and there's nothing much you can do around the city, but admire the architecture and walk the cobblestone roads.












I collect pin wheels from all the countries I visit -
that is, if I find a pin wheel.


Subway's pretty cheap here!
Gonna grab some breakfast or lunch here sometime.








Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment