Pages

Saturday 13 April 2013

Out and About - Days 21 and 22

April 11, 2013
VUT and Masaryk University

Justine came with me to my class at VUT. I really had a hard time talking to them last week, and I thought I needed some help. We combined our lesson plans together, and thankfully, the students talked more than before. Still not as chatty as the other classes, but still, there's improvement, so I think it turned out better.

I only had two students at Masaryk in the evening out of four, so I merged my class with Justine's. She had two students as well, so it was a good idea.

We showed them the recent "It's More Fun in the Philippines" ad of the Department of Tourism, and they really liked what they saw, and they asked a lot about the fiestas and the beaches. The topic about "yayas" or nannies was also brought up, and for some reason, they found it similar to the slavery in America years ago.

After our evening classes, we headed back to our dorm, and I got the surprise of my life. Haha! Right at my doorstep was this package and it was from me! Turned out it was from my uncle, and he had the LaSardina Lomo Cam he got me shipped from the US to Czech Republic!

Thanks again, Tito Monet!



April 12, 2013
Mendel University and Na Purkyňce

After the mishap last Friday, I was worried that I will be meeting pissed students, but they were completely OK, and we had a nice discussion. We will be holding our class at a park next week, and we'll be having some sort of a picnic there.

I met Justine at Ceska after class, and we just went around Brno, trying to explore some parts we never saw before. We bumped into Aor at H&M, and we had some ice cream before going back to the dorm.

In the evening, I had some traditional Czech dinner at Na Purkyňce with Aor and Justine. Snizhana couldn't come with us, as she's not feeling well, but hopefully, she could make it when we decide to eat there next time. 

I had beef goulash again, but it had grated horse radish, which my beef goulash in Slovakia didn't have. And for dessert, I had some home-made chocolate with whipped cream. We went home with happy stomachs.








Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment