Pages

Sunday 21 April 2013

Out and About - Days 28, 29, and 30

April 18, 2013
Pegas Pub and Restaurant, Brno

I had a lovely time with my evening class, as we had the best ribs ever while talking about anything and just about everything we could think of. Barbora made reservations a week ago, and Justine's class joined us. I can't wait to meet them again next week, as we're gonna have this "Photo Evening", where we'll be showing photos that best explain who we are.

That's Babora, me, Filip, and Pavel


April 19, 2013
Mendel University, Some Pub, Happy Teahouse

The weather was pretty bad. It was raining, and I was running late. Thank God, my students were patient enough to wait for me! We talked about some weird facts about the Pilippines, and Veronika showed some photos of her being a part of this traditional dance group in Czech.

She's been doing it since the age of five, and she and her group have already traveled all over Europe! As a souvenir, she let me pick a photo from her collection to keep.

After class, I headed off to Ceska for some lunch, and to meet Justin, Martin, and Mirek. We went to a pub, and I got to taste some fruit beer. 

Ever since Ivana, an AIESECer, told us about the whole existence of fruit beers, I've looked forward to the day that I'll get to taste it. So, on Friday, I did, and I didn't like it at all. I ordered a mug of cherry beer, and I really didn't like it. It actually tasted like medicine! 

Justine and I were on our way back to the dorm from the pub, when Justine received a text from Lucka, telling us to meet her to get ourselves a new transport card, which we will be using for the rest of our stay here in Brno, which is less than two weeks from now. I know, time does fly really fast!

We slept in for the rest of the afternoon, as we were pretty tired.

In the evening, we met Martin again, but this time, he was with Ivo, his friend and Justine's student. They knew we are tired of pubs, and we don't really drink at all, so they made a reservation at a tea house for a change.

Well, I don't really like tea as well, but I guess I prefer it over beer.

We spent the rest of the night at Happy Teahouse in Ceska, playing board games, eating salep, hummus, and cakes, drinking tea, and just talking, while some AR Rahman songs played in the background. The place was pretty warm for a cold evening, so it was really nice.

I woke up the next day still smelling of tea and pipes.





Justine and I wore matching socks. haha!

I gotta get me a Neocube! Seriously. It's addicting!



April 20, 2013
Brno Dam, Hrad Veveri

Justine and I were supposed to go to Prague today. In fact, we've already booked our tickets! But because the forecast says the weather will be pretty bad over the weekend and we don't really have a place to stay, we chose to cancel our trip, and just go there after our internship. Now, not making it to Prague has become a constant fear for both of us.

We woke up pretty late - as usual. We had plans of going to IKEA, but Justine wanted to take a walk around the dam again, so we did. Justine had to call Martin, as we might get lost. Haha!

We walked a farther distance this time, as we wanted to see this castle - Hrad Veveri. About 10Km from the tram stop. It was pretty crazy, really, but I started to get the hang of doing these spontaneous walk trips. I find it quite enjoying, actually. We started walking at around 4 pm and we reached our destination just before 7 pm.

We had to take the bus going back, because it was already getting dark, and on the ride back, we realised how far we trudged! It was really, really far!!!

And so, we bought some fairy floss, and apparently, Czechs
call such size "small".




I'm starting to love sitting on the edge of cliffs. Haha! This
one's pretty high!
















Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment