Pages

Thursday 22 December 2011

Singapore Day 4 (21 December): Merlion Park, Esplanade, Marina Bay, Etc.


Yesterday was the longest we've gone around, so far. It literally took us from light to night to go sight-seeing. Destinations: Merlion Park, Esplanade, Suntec City Mall, Marina Square, Marina Bay, The Cookie Museum (I loved this place! Even Samantha Brown found it fascinating!) , and some other places. 

I enjoyed the long walks a lot, and the weather was good to us at the time, so all was well. We had our pictures taken, admired the buildings, and what not. We also got each of us a shirt from Aeropostale. Don't get me wrong, though. I still don't have enough money to splurge, so mamanet (my aunt) and I took the holiday buy 1 take 1 deal. I grabbed the chance too to buy my friends something from New Look, which is on a big sale. That was during the day, but when night fell, gosh, things got really complicated.

We got lost in the city - twice! The first time, my cousin and I were being Mr. and Ms. Smarty Pants again, so mamanet gave it out to us when we realised that we were going the wrong way. Lesson learned: never lead the way, when you yourself don't know where you're going. The second time we got lost, well, all of us didn't where to go, so there's no blaming involved. The walks weren't as enjoyable anymore since we're already tired (our legs felt like concrete!). In the end, we crashed on papaze's friend's house where two birthdays were being celebrated. The people were warm and welcoming, even though they didn't know me, thank you very much.

My favourite part of yesterday was writing on this silver-coloured diamond sheet where we put random stuff and hang it for the wind to blow. Simple things like that make me happy. Making things better, a bell orchestra was playing songs from The Lion King in the background. Great!


















Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment