Pages

Friday 15 July 2011

Potter Post Today: Mini Harry Potter Costume Exhibit at the Mall of Asia IMAX Theatre

Yesterday, after school - which is too late, if you'll ask me - my aunt and I headed to the IMAX theatre to pay for our Harry Potter reservations. I was expecting to see loads of Harry Potter standees and posters, and yes, they were there - a lot of them, in fact, with tons of people taking pictures of themselves, Harry and Voldemort behind them. But, I didn't expect this tiny costume exhibit of Harry's, Luna's, Bellatrix's, and a Slytherin Quidditch player's clothes/uniform! There was also a book of Dark Arts Defence, and a Hogwarts Express ticket.

The moment I walked into the lobby, I ran straight to the exhibit, and went like, "Wow." I couldn't believe that the clothes that the cast wore in the films are on display here in the Philippines, and I was seeing them right before my eyes! Turns out, they were from the London exhibit, and the costumes were touring the world! Their last stop would be back in London for the Harry Potter Exhibit, called "The Making of Harry Potter", which will open on the spring of 2012. The mini Harry Potter costume exhibit at the IMAX theatre of the Mall of Asia will be open until the 17th of July - Sunday.

I took pictures of them with my crappy phone camera to share with you guys!

The Mini Costume Exhibit
Harry's clothes on display from Order of the Phoenix
Harry's shoes
Bellatrix's evil garb!
Luna Lovegood's clothes
Luna's Shoes (I ♥ those shoes of hers!)
A Slytherin Quidditch uniform
Quidditch Shoes
A Dark Arts Defence Book and a Hogwarts Express Ticket
Me with my ticket and one of my Deathly Hallows books

Me again! Sorry, can't help it!

And me again!!!
And to that dude with the "Keep Calm and Join Dumbledore's Army" shirt, thanks for the short chat, whoever you are!


Andz

2 comments:

  1. where do you get the fabric from? I want to have Harry Potter Robe and Ive been to several halloween stores and craft shops, and no one had any idea what I was looking for..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in a different country from yours, I'm afraid. I bought the fabric of my Harry Potter robe at a market in our place, and had a dressmaker friend fashion a robe out of it.

    I believe you have the same kind of fabric there in your area, you just have to find it. It took me hours to find the perfect one. It's thick, dark, and the weaving is visible when you look at it. I dunno what the kind of cloth is called. I bought a black and maroon one; black for the outer part, and maroon for the inner part of the robe.

    I must say, though, that having a robe made takes time - just looking for the perfect fabric is time-consuming. Halloween's just around the corner. You might as well just buy the whole costume set online. It may cost more, but it's much efficient that way.

    eBay has a wide range of Harry Potter costume essentials in different prices (you can pick what's more economical). I bought my scarf and my time-turner in eBay. Both are brand new, and the sellers are easy to deal with.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete