Pages

Sunday 17 July 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2: A Movie Review


Clad in a white shirt, denim trousers, and a Gryffindor scarf hanging down to my knees, with a pair of Luna Lovegood radish earrings dangling on my ears, I got heads turning to my direction as I walked through a sea of people to the theatre yesterday. But yesterday wasn't about me, and I didn't care at all. Yesterday was all about Harry Potter.

Watching the movie all over again in my head (I practically have a photographical memory for things like this - it comes in handy), I could say that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is a full-blown, breath-taking, action-packed, and heart-warming film that beat all the 7 films in the past, put together, even! The effects were amazing. The pacing was quite fast, but it was enough to keep us on track. Each chapter of the book was perfectly summarised in each scene. And the actors were just brilliant. 

The highlights were pretty much similar to those in the book - Snape's memory, which is unveiled just the way it should, maybe even better; the battle of Hogwarts, which made the audience seem as though they're watching a boxing fight with all the fist throwing and short-lived shrieks; and Voldemort's death.

For the last time, Harry Potter didn't disappoint the expectant fans who wanted an epic and magical conclusion to the enthralling series that gripped the world and the hearts of many. We were laughing; we were crying; we found ourselves at the edge of our seats; and we were applauding, for the greatest story of a phenomenal boy wizard ever told finally ended, and we couldn't have a better ending. All was well.


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment