Pages

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Potter Post Today: A Day To Go!

A few days ago, I was racking my brain, thinking of the Potter posts I'll be posting, balancing my tight schedule between school and this blog, and now, it all comes down to two more and a bonus post. Honestly, I don't know what else I'll be posting. I don't know what topic I'll be picking in my head, cos there are about a hundred. And I want those last few posts to be really special.

***

On the 6th of July, I posted about the Luna Lovegood earrings I made, and I promised to post the DIY instructions. I never forget that. So now, here's the how-to:


Luna Lovegood Radish Earrings



What you need:

-Red, Green, and White Seed Beads
-Thin Nylon Thread (not the stretchy one!)
-A Pair of Earring Hooks
-A Few Crimps
-2 Jump Rings
-2 Red Spherical Beads
-Super Glue (optional)
-2 Pliers


Instructions:

1. Start with the tip of the radish. Thread the nylon through a white seed bead, and pull the ends together to thread another seed bead. Thread more seed beads until  you're happy with the tip you came up with. You have to make two.

2. Secure the beads tightly with a crimp. Don't cut the excess thread. Set aside.

3. For the body of the radish, knot a nylon thread tightly around the spherical bead. Pull the knot inside the bead.

4. Start threading red seed beads around the red spherical bead. Don't stop threading until the spherical bead is completely wrapped with the seed beads.

5. Secure with a tight knot. Make another one.

6. Thread the excess of the radish tip through the hole of the wrapped spherical red bead. You may use a tiny amount of Super Glue to secure them together.

7. For the leaves, thread five green seed beads through the nylon, thread another five, and another five, weaving them together. Make six of those.

8. Secure 3 pieces of leaves together with their excess threads, and clasp with a crimp. Thread the excess nylon of the tip through this, and secure with another crimp.

9. Place a jump ring through the spaces that the threads made, and lock it together with a hook.

10. Wear your earrings! (Maybe at the premiere!)


Andz

5 comments:

  1. I'm a little confused about the step dealing with the red beads? Could you help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thread the nylon through the spherical bead and tie a knot around it tightly to secure it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you make a more detailed tutorial? Im stuck at the white seeds, i cant get them to make the funnel shape... can you help?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pictures of the steps would help a lot. Please

    ReplyDelete