Pages

Saturday 23 July 2011

Bookshop Babies


I was at the bookshop today, looking for a new read, and I happened to see these kids who pretty much made my day. Seeing young 'uns reading picture books on the floor just charms me. Maybe, it's because when I was younger, I was just like them - reading my time away, immersing myself in a different world, as I traced my tiny fingers on colourful illustrations. Or maybe because, it's nice to know that even in this very techie generation, there are still children who read 'The Printed Word'.

Soon enough, they'll grow up, and the picture books in their hands will be replaced by short novels with some pictures, then real novels, and so on... Who knows? If they get really inspired, like me, they might end up as aspiring authors, who'd fill the shelves of tomorrow with their works.

Keep it up, kids! The future of real books lies in our hands!



Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment