Pages

Sunday 16 December 2012

Saturday ♥


Yesterday was my kind of Saturday.

I couldn't remember the last time I enjoyed the start of a weekend. I reckon that I've always been piled with school and org work ever since the second semester kicked off early last November. Yesterday, however, was different. Yesterday was simply about pure fun, and fun means no doing of homework, no reviewing, nothing school-related at all - just yummy food, some friends, and a good movie... like Talaash: The Answer Lies Within.

Yes, Talaash - the latest film of Mr. Perfectionist Aamir Khan.

You wouldn't guess how thrilled I was when I found out that it will be releasing in the country shortly after its premiere in India, which was on the 30th of November this year. 

I was literally hyperventilating, as I held the entertainment section of the paper last Wednesday morning. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing - a full-fledged Bollywood movie to be shown in Philippine cinemas. Right then and there, I just knew that I had to see it with none other than my equally Bollyood-crazed friends Vinz and Kai.

We took the afternoon screening, and we had the theatre to ourselves! Well, there were about two other people in the cinema, but we didn't care at all! We loudly discussed about the how the film might turn out, screamed and shouted when we felt the need to, and just sat on the edge of our seats as the suspense of the story intensified.

Now, I wouldn't tell you about how the story went, and it's not just because of the spoilers I would possibly spill, but it's the request of Mr. Perfectionist himself. So I would just say that Aamir Khan and the Bollywood film industry continues to blow me away with their exciting plots, good music, and unpredictable twists.

I also love how some of India's social issues were integrated in the film, just like many of Aamir's previous projects. As the story progressed, "we had a counting game of the social issues that were presented in Talaash and we were able to identify police brutality, leakage of investigation procedures, dawdling process of police cases, blackmailing, prostitution, and infidelity" - as Vinz puts it. 

Bollywood movies may not be as popular as any other foreign films in the country, such as the Chinese's, the Koreans' or the Thais', but I really do think that Filipinos should give it a chance, as the realities exposed in their movies are very much similar to that of what we have here in our country, making Bollywood film settings and characters highly relatable to Filipino movie-goers, which is why I am beyond ecstatic and grateful that SM Cinemas have decided to widen their selection of films to their patrons, by adding Bollywood films to their exclusives.

Talaash will be in SM Cinemas all over the Metro until this week only, so be sure to catch it!







Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment