Pages

Friday 21 December 2012

Last Day in School for 2012

May I just say that today was amazing? Well, it still is, but the events that happened earlier were far more awesome, and if today really is the end of the world, I could die in peace. 

We had our class Christmas party today and had some fun, before hitting the books again during the break for the upcoming preliminary exams (bummer). There were a lot of singing and dancing and laughter and food and some gifts too (thanks Kai, Milky, PL, and Vinz!). 

I must admit that it wasn't the best party, but in my defence, it's really difficult to slip into the festive mood after being harassed with tons of school work since school started this November, and knowing that your holidays are jam-packed with paperwork.

After the party, it was time for a school project again, though this one's the best one in our to-do list, and it's a bit saddening that it's over too soon. But what the heck! WE GOT TO INTERVIEW THE TEAM CAPTAIN OF THE UST GROWLING TIGERS - JERIC FORTUNA!

It was a long wait, actually. We - especially Jica, who's a die-hard Fortuna fan girl - had been sending him hopeful text messages over the past few weeks, anxiously waiting for a reply. If Jica's fingers were a pencil, it would be dull to the wood by now, waiting to be sharpened. But it happened. It really did. And, I wish I could post a photo right now as a proof to you, but the pictures are still with Janelle (who tagged along in the interview), and she's probably celebrating UST's Paskuhan with my other classmates by now.

We conducted the interview in Starbucks-Dapitan, avoiding the crazy UST crowd, although there were still a number of girls who interrupted us, but not in a bad way - the team captain kindly granted every photo-op and autograph requests.

Jeric Fortuna is surprisingly nice, not that I stereotyped him as one of those air-headed jocks usually seen on TV and the movies. I just like how humble and how patient he was with us, who were obviously unprepared, despite the many weeks of anticipation.

I will be posting our interview soon enough, as I want the photos to support my article.

Have a good night, everybody!


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment