Pages

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Fan Mail Status: SENT


I sent my fan mails today, and I'm crossing my fingers - and toes as well - that I'll receive the photos back soon! 


My first visit to the national post office, which is today, is quite awesome and sad - in between those two contradicting adjectives. 

AWESOME because it's my first time to drop a real mail and BE in the centre of centres of all the mails in the whole country. And SAD, because the whole post office building looks like a gloomy place. Seriously, I could count all the people in there this morning! Plus, the old lady at the counter looks kinda down too. When my mum asked her if there are still people snail-mailing, she told us that only a few people do that these days. The way she said it pierced me through my heart. 

With high-tech means, sending messages is easier nowadays. There's text-messaging, emailing, chatting, video-calling, and what not! They come cheaper and much more convenient too! You don't even have to step out of your house to do such! But still, sending messages the old fashion way is more meaningful and heart-warming.

Sending snail mails, cards, and post cards is like a tradition - a LEGACY, in fact. Remember the day you first received a greeting through a post card or a letter from a relative or friend out of the country or far from where you are? No? Well, I do. I remember blood- happy blood- rushing though my veins. I remember my feet spring in pure euphoria. I remember appreciating the sender's effort in making (or buying!) and sending the card. And all I wish right now is that I'll feel all of those again. 


Andz


No comments:

Post a Comment