Pages

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Out and About - Day 5

March 26, 2013 - Tuesday
Brno

It was freezing cold that day, but that didn't stop us from seeing more of Brno. 

Our team was finally completed, and for this spring, AIESEC-Brno's SPEAK! Project will be composed of 2 Filipinos (me and Justine), a Thai girl named Aor, and finally, a Ukrainian girl named Сніжана. OK, I have yet to perfect the pronunciation of the names of the latter two, but I'll get them soon enough.

So, we went to Česká... 

God, it was so beautiful! Just wow. Everything seemed so laid-back - far from the hustles and the bustles of the capital city, which made it easier for us to really feel and appreciate the beauty of the place.

We climbed a hill to reach Špilberk castle, and to get a good view of Brno's landscape. It was quite climb because of the cold and the slippery ground, but we managed, and our efforts paid off with that magnificent view of Brno.

We toured the city a bit more, bought really huge strawberries, and had some lunch at McDonald's. I hate the fact that all I've ever eaten since I arrived here is fast food. You see, the kitchenette in our dorm only has a microwave. A MICROWAVE!!! I can't eat fast food and radiated food all the time! Even my dorm mates don't like the idea of it, so we went shopping later that day after reporting at the police station about our arrival.

We bought some stuff to make sandwiches, bottled water, detergent, and some other things that we really need. I wish we get to go to IKEA soon, as we've been eating with our hands for two days now. We don't even have decent plates and glassware, so we really have to work on that.

Today, the 27th, we'll be having Czech lessons with Ivana then tonight, we'll be going out to meet the other AIESECers at Martina's house, which means, we'll be drinking, then they say we'll go to a disco club.

Ever since we arrived here, all people ever talk about is drinking. And beer. And alcohol. Sure this is a beer country, and I understand that, but the thing is, I don't drink. Well, I've tasted beer and I do like wine, but I only drink them occasionally, and I don't really finish the whole thing. 

Honestly, I feel scared that they might force us to drink. I don't want to get drunk here for God's sake! And it's Holy Week! "Penitensya Time"! I don't think drinking or merry-making is a good idea during this time of the year. I know most people here don't pray, but I am a Filipino Catholic and I solidly stand up to my religious views. 

I'll just see how things'll go tonight...



























Andz

1 comment: