Pages

Monday 2 May 2011

Go Green!

Here's my last article in my high school paper. Thinking that I must end my high-school-paper-writing career with a bang, I decided to write about something I love, and I did. I wrote about fab finds linked to the earth-saving business.


-----------------------------------------------------------------



Greetings from your eco-warrior-tree-hugging sistah! I’ve got 7 fab finds to kick-off that green spirit in you – take your pick!


Envirosax Eco-Friendly Shopping Bags
With all those local campaigns that go against plastic bags, you don’t want to carry crunchy and soggy brown paper bags in your arms as you turn the mall upside down! Make your shopping experience more fashionable with these gorgeous shopping bags!
Envirosax Shopping Bags are available at Fully Booked, Gourdo’s Stores, Bratpack, R.O.X. Philippines, Hobbes and Landes for P400.


Life Is Good Water Bottle
Here’s a fact: Bringing your own water bottle cuts down on waste and landfill, and hey, you also get to save P15-25 of your lunch money! So why not use this adorable water bottle when you go on a camping trip, attend a fun run, or when you go to school?
Pictured Life Is Good water bottle is available at The Travel Club for P426.


Tree-Huggin’ Shirt
What’s better than wearing a fresh 100% cotton 100% organic hand-painted shirt? Wear this shirt around town, and show how much you care about the environment.
Picured ‘Tree Hugger’ shirt is available at etsy.com for P810.


Simple Shoes
Sure you’ve heard of TOMS Shoes. Maybe you even own a pair or two! But have you heard of Simple Shoes? No? Well, like TOMS Shoes (One for One), Simple Shoes also has a mission and a cause: to create the most durable and comfortable 100% recycled and natural shoes for everyone to wear. Simple Shoes are made out of materials like bamboo fiber, carpet padding, silk, plastics, hemp, cotton, wool, coconut, natural crepe rubber, recycled paper, recycled inner tubes, eco-certified leather and suede, and even recycled car tires! I got myself a pair and it’s simply brilliant! Not too long, my cousin got himself a pair too! There’s nothing simple about Simple shoes at all!
Simple Shoes are available at Rustan’s Department Stores. Prices highly vary. (Pictured: Simple Carousel Shoes P2195)


Human Heart Nature Shampoo
Going eco has also reached the area of body care, specifically hair care! It was my mum who introduced me to Human Heart Nature Shampoo. Human Heart Nature Shampoo’s main ingredients are aloe vera, mint, and real pearls – one of the strongest creations of the ocean – for strengthening! Go and treat your hair with Human Heart Nature Shampoo today!
A bottle of 200 ML Human Heart Nature Shampoo is available at HumanHeartNature.com for P125.

1001 Ways You Can Save the Planet, by Joanna Yarrow
Given to me as a present by my dad, I find this book even more special. And it’s not just fact-and-tip-filled! The colourful illustrations on every (recycled) page made this must-have page-turner 10 times more attractive! Increase your eco knowledge with this precious book! And if you can, grab another copy for a friend, so you could save the world together!
“1001 Ways You Can Save the Planet” is available at all leading bookstores for P569.


Ida B, by Katherine Hannigan
Printed on 100% postconsumer recycled paper, this book has just gotten more heart-warming.
“Ida B” is available at all leading bookstores for P215.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I came from such an environment-charged family. We eat organic food. We grow some of our food. But we eat meat too! Our clothes are 100% cotton. I grew up playing with organic toys (YES, ORGANIC TOYS DO EXIST!) We use recycled paper for writing purposes. And when my eco-friendly lifestyle went over-the-top, I became a subject of bullying in high school. It was crazy! 

We live the organic life. In fact, we've got over a thousand ways of saving the world in our home, but I don't want to list em all down here, 'cos that's going to take time and I don't want keep the computer on for more than 3 hours 'cos that will be a waste of energy :)


Andz


No comments:

Post a Comment