Pages

Wednesday 4 May 2011

I'll Send a Message - The Old-Fashion Way!

I already cleaned my shelf, I finished a book and a half, and my jeans is an inch to becoming a bag! Right now, I'm planning to do numbah 2 in my "Unbore My Summer" list, which is....
to send a fan mail. I will be changing things up a bit though. I won't be sending any fan mails to Dan and Rupert anymore. Instead, I'll send a fan mail to Emma, Yvonne and Zach (maybe, I'll still send Dan one if I get the nerve to do so.).

I've been spending the past few days thinking about what to write and googling for some photos that I'll send in with my letter for them to sign. I'm super pumped up and excited about this! Aside from sending a fan mail, this would be the first time I'll be sending a real letter/mail - a real post! 

With mobile phones, E-mail, Facebook, and Twitter accessible to everyone these days, sending old-fashioned messages with the stamps and all has been pushed out of the picture, and that just makes me sad. 

I remember receiving postcards and letters from Papa when he's out of the country studying somewhere, and every card/letter just fills me with joy. It's always better reading something handwritten than reading something in your inbox. It's more heartfelt, and the fact that the sender exerted some effort on making someone smile is simply priceless.

All I wish right now is that the celebs I'll be sending my letters to will take time to read what I have written, reply, and send back the photos I'll include - signed!


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment