Pages

Monday 30 May 2011

Journals In Style

Hey, guys!

I hate plain and boring journals. I simply hate having unattractive journals in my school bag. But having them gives me a good reason to do crafty stuff with even the most boring notebook I've got, which is fine with me :)


If you're feeling a bit crafty today, try turning a boring journal into an attractive one. Here are some of the journals I "andy-fied" to give you inspiration:


If you love doodling, then this is what you'll probably come up with. And if you're a pro-doodler, then you can explore more with the text or doodles you'd like to put on the cover of your journal. I chose to write some lines from songs that I love. For my name, I used magazine cut-outs, stuck them on a torn piece of paper, and drew an untidy border all around it.

-----------------------------------♥♥♥-----------------------------------


Being a huge Tangled fan, I used the official kingdom seal - the sun - as the subject and centre of the whole journal! 

This is the easiest one I made so far. I covered a hard cover journal with 2 layers of kitchen towels; let it dry; painted it with black, blue, and gold paint mixed together; drew the sun; painted the sun gold; let it dry; and I finished it with clear nail polish (using Mod Podge is better, though!).

If you want to make one of your own, here's a Tangled sun template:


-----------------------------------♥♥♥-----------------------------------


Make a denim journal if you want some attitude! Cut strips of denim fabric, and lay them on the surface of a hard cover journal. Tip: to have another hue, use the wrong side of the fabric! Decide on how you'll arrange them. You can even weave the strips! When you're happy, glue them on the cover. If you want to be more creative, try making a name plate. I made mine with the use of taffeta and some textile paint.

-----------------------------------♥♥♥-----------------------------------

Having awesome and personalised journals in your bag isn't just fashionable, I tell you! It's something you can be proud of, and it also gives you the urge to open em up, take down some notes, and maybe, by some chance... study ;)


Andz

4 comments:

  1. Nice thing Andy! You're simply the best! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jen!!! Now you know what to do with your journals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Right. Since it's days to count before school starts. Maybe doing these will make these last days of summer worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You said it! Gosh I miss you!

    ReplyDelete