Pages

Saturday 28 May 2011

Fan Mail Update


I'll be heading off to the national post office with my mum - FOR THE FIRST TIME - this coming Wednesday, and I'm super excited! 


I don't know any other 16-year old girl in the world who's excited about visiting a post office, but I don't care! The last post office I visited was the post office in Brighton and I remember it vaguely. I can't wait till the first of June!

I will be sending fan mails to Emma Watson, Yvonne Strahovski and Zac Levi, and here are the cards I'll be sending them - they're a hundred percent handmade - Andzmade!



-----------------------------------♥♥♥-----------------------------------

Front
Back
For Emma Watson, I chose a bright-coloured scrapbook paper for the background of the front of her card. Then, I used a sign pen to write her name on a vintage notebook page. I crunched it a bit for texture, and glued it on an organic sheet of paper which my dad got me from his recent trip in Japan.

At the back, I used a stained maroon scrapbook sheet, a textured board (where I'll write my message), a plain torn piece of paper for the greeting, and a pastel-shaded hand-drawn flower for a girly touch.

Emma's known for her bubbly and playful personality, and I think this card suits her best!

-----------------------------------♥♥♥----------------------------------- 

Front
Back
As for Zac Levi... Well, I found making Zac's card the most challenging one. Yes, we're both nerds, and since we're nerds, we like a lot of things! It really took me a lot of time to figure out what to use and what to put to make his card. 

My first attempt was to make a collage of nerdy stuff for the front of the card, and it was pure success. Darth Vader and Princess Leia were there along with some Star Wars dudes. I also stuck the whole team Ninja Turtles on the collage. I added some photos of Superman, Batman, Spiderman and Harry Potter on it too! I even cut out some comic strips for the background and border. It looked so beautiful and perfect that it seemed over the top and chaotic to me, so I threw it away. 

The next card I made was pure nerdy doodles. It was a huge flop! I'm not the doodle-y kind of girl that I stopped drawing when I finished filling out the edge of the card. 

The third card I made is the one you can see in this post. I used the not-so-fail-at-all doodled edge for the side border of the card, and I cut out a colourful page out of a good old Rolling Stones magazine of mine for the background of the front of the card. I used metallic ink for Zac's name.

For the back, I drew all sorts of sounds and emotions you can find in comic books as a border. I think they look cool.

Zac's nerdy reputation inspired me to make this card for him. I hope he likes this one!

-----------------------------------♥♥♥-----------------------------------

Front
Back
So here's the Yvonne Strahovski card story...

I was shopping at the art supplies shop with my mum a few weekends ago, and I found this perfect floral scrapbook sheet! It was screaming Yvonne's personality to me - beautiful, sexy, and womanly, that I decided to use it for Yvonne's card.

I made Yvonne's card similarly as Emma's. I only regarded their colours and shades. I can't add a pink-orange-and-yellow flower in a purple-themed sheet can I? Well actually, I can, but not on this one!

-----------------------------------♥♥♥-----------------------------------

I'll be sending some photos for them to sign too! As a budding philogrophist, I won't miss out any chances of sending fan mail without some autograph-worthy pics! Here are the photos I'll send them:








-----------------------------------♥♥♥-----------------------------------


They say that writing fan mail and sending autograph requests can crush your heart when you expect a reply, and you don't get anything back. Well then I'm telling y'all right now that I'm expecting nothing! Yes I'm about to spend P600+ for all the postage costs (SASE, stamps, IRC's (which cost - DAYUM - P115 or more each) and some other things), but I don't care... It's all for the experience. 


Andz

2 comments:

  1. DAAAAAAAAAAAANG andy!!! :)) cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Angel! Hey, don't miss any chances of sending Ian one! He deserves some of your ♥ :)

    ReplyDelete