Pages

Friday 12 October 2012

Sem-break :)


I like rewarding myself after a long exhausting week, so today, after taking our final exam in JRN (the last for this semester), I took a walk at the mall.

Taking strolls, people watching, and just visiting some of my favourite shops are some of the things I love doing alone. Doing them makes me feel independent, and they give me a time to think about things I want to think about, like possible story plots, characters, and just good thoughts. 

Absorbing all the sounds, the smells, and the sights around me is enough to make me realise that I'm still alive. For someone who's manic got a very manic mind like mine, that's like a boost.

So, yeah, I ate some pizza for lunch, then hit the bookshops, the music bar, and for the first time in what seemed like a hundred years: a toy shop. I really wish I could feel the same jittery feeling upon entering a toy shop as a kid, but no. All the Barbie dolls, Hot Wheels cars, and every other toy simply became a part of a distant happy memory to smile about.

I then purchased a book (When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead) and a music album I've been itching to buy since I heard "Shake It Out" a few weeks ago, Florence + the Machine's "Ceremonials". I walked some more, and headed home for a nap.

It was a really good nap. In fact, it was the best I've had in months. But I'm sure I'll be having more, since today marks the beginning of our sem-break.


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment