Pages

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Gene Yang Made My Day

After an awesome Day 2 of Inkblots - which I'll be telling you about soon enough - I was so thrilled to check my inbox tonight to find out that Mr. Gene Yang - ALA award-winning author for American Born Chinese (the first graphic novel to win such honour) and author of other graphic novels including the Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise Trilogy - replied to the email I sent him a few days back.

Considering his busy schedule (he's currently working on the new Avatar trilogy, "The Search", which focuses on the royal Fire Nation family and the spiritual side of Avatar), I wasn't really expecting a reply. But reading his short message for me is simply... wow. I couldn't really find the perfect words to say! Just the fact that he took his time to reply to me is enough. Not a lot of authors do that these days, so I'm really, really thankful to him!

Flameo, Gene!


 Check out more about this amazing man right here:


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment