Pages

Thursday 27 September 2012

Infinite



Tonight, I feel infinite.

And not just because I watched "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" today, but also because I saw my high school crush for the first time in months. 

I was window shopping with my cousin at this novelty shop, when he suddenly told me that "he" was just right outside the store we were in. God, I almost died! It was nice seeing him again - his smile, his awkward stance, and his glasses. I was starting to forget how he looks like until today.

Anyway, I know you who have not watched "Perks" yet may be wondering how it turned out in the film. Well, it's like watching the novel itself with minimal cuts - thank Stephen Chbosky. He's the book's author, plus, he's also the one who wrote the screenplay and directed the movie. It's really good. 

The actors were relatively great, and they're simply perfect for the roles they played. Logan Lerman really  proved himself in this one. His growth from the Percy Jackson we know into the troubled Charlie is highly observable, and with his performance in Perks, we'll surely see him in bigger movies in the near future. 

I also loved Ezra Miller's portrayal of the ever-so-fabulous Patrick. He clearly expressed pain, joy, and concern in every scene he is in. As for Emma Watson, Perks is a great departure from her HP image, though some Potterheads may still find themselves referencing some scenes and details with Harry Potter. It's completely normal. I must point out though, that Emma is evidently struggling speaking in American accent, but that's what makes her more lovable!

Overall, Perks won't disappoint. If you loved the book, you'll surely love the movie.

On the other side, HAPPY 14th BIRTHDAY, GOOGLE!!! Thanks for being the greatest homework helper in the past few years!
And J.K. Rowling's first adult novel The Casual Vacancy hit the shelves today. Grab a copy at P945 in Philippine book shops today!




Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment