Pages

Monday 10 October 2011

It's Been a While...

Photo by GeorgiannaLane of Etsy.com

I know I have a lot of explaining to do and I'll start now.

The night I published my latest post, I had the chills. I didn't stop shaking for over an hour, and my heart was racing. I was frickin' freezing even though I was tucked under a pile of blankets. I took some meds, and they did the trick ... for a while. 

The next day (Thursday), I went to school even though I wasn't feeling well to take a shitload of quizzes. I got worse after that. 

On Friday morning, I didn't attend my classes to see my doctor. She advised me to rest, drink a lot of water, and she also gave me medication. She added that if my fever rises again, I must have a blood test the following day to make sure it's not dengue. That night, my temperature reached 38.8°C.


Saturday, I had my blood test. I have to be honest here ... I'm afraid of needles, so it took a few minutes for the lab girl to draw blood from the shrieking and kicking me. A few hours later, we got the result, and my platelet count was lower than it should be. My doctor told me to get a dengue rapid test.

That afternoon, we drove to another hospital to have the bloody dengue rapid test. Blood was then again drawn from me, but this time I didn't scream anymore, because I realised that it didn't hurt after all. Folding the sleeves of my shirt, I noticed red spots on my skin. Having rashes, one of the symptoms of dengue, I assumed I had the disease. But when we got the result, it was negative!

I was wracking my head! If it's not dangue, WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!

I continued resting after that, but I still didn't feel well. I started throwing up.

Monday morning, I woke up to see my palms boiled-lobster red! I was panicking. The red blotches on my skin worsened, and I started to feel itchy. When I tried to scratch my skin, it stung. When I clenched my hands into a fist, it also stung! I sent my mum a message to tell her what happened, and she rushed back home from school (she's a teacher) with a tablet being given to me by my doctor, who called my condition "Viral Exanthem". I dropped by her clinic later that night.

Examining me, my doctor said that I had measles - German Measles - but since I had an MMR Vaccine when I was younger, the outcome wasn't that bad. However, I had to stay home until the rashes pass, because I'm contagious. I missed school for the whole week, but I did my schoolwork at home so I could pass them on their respective deadlines.

The following week, I went back to school, and I was piled with catching up work and make-up quizzes so I could maintain my grades. I also had to start reviewing for my upcoming exams.

First day of October, my class had a Saturday History class, then the week after that, we had our final exams. I didn't do great, but I did good - I'm confident to say. I'm still worrying about some subjects though...

Long story short, I got sick, then I had a lot of catching up to do in school, and I had my finals...

************************************************************

Today's my first day of vacation (yep, it's our sem-break!) and I have to say that the hardest thing to do is thinking about what to do! I've got an endless list of activities, but I can't seem to find a way to do all of them. After what happened to me over the past few weeks, I feel like I lost my sanity.

Stay tuned!


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment