Pages

Tuesday 1 July 2014

Tintin Continues His Adventures... in Fully Booked!

I don't think I could call myself a Tintin fan, when I've never seen the movie or read the comics. The closest encounter I had with Tintin was probably coming across a street/wall art of him in Brussels last year.

I snapped this photo while taking a walk down the
busy streets of Brussels, Belgium last year.

But when we, Candy's Council of Cool 14 girls, were invited to the formal launch (25 June, Wednesday) of the first and only Tintin Shop in the Philippines (in Fully Booked, The Fort), I did not miss the chance to get to know more about the well-loved young detective.


Say hi to Sam and Erika :)

The event was really fun. We came in pretty early, so we were the first batch to take the "Tintin Tour". We had a guide, who acquainted us with Tintin and the other characters Hergé created for his legendary comics. The tour proved to be really interesting. I think I could've missed a chunk of everything had I not known the story of Tintin and his exploits.


While on the tour, we also had a better look around the Tintin Shop. There were loads of shirts, cards, school supplies, and other memorabilia on sale that will surely put any true blue Tintin fan on high.











After the tour, we played some games, won some prizes, and had a Tintin-themed merienda. However, the snacks were just too cute to eat!


Sam and Erika reading lines from Tintin and famous movies, mimicking a pirate



Before leaving, we made sure that we went home with Tintin goodies. Fully Booked gave us two collectible figures, I while I bought "The Blue Lotus" (which our tour guide said was the best one) and a postcard. 



If you're a Pinoy Tintin fan or you're simply interested to learn more about Hergé's iconic characters, do yourself a favour and drop by the Tintin Shop at Fully Booked The Fort soon! You can also join a tour organised by Fully Booked on these dates:






Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment