Pages

Sunday 29 June 2014

Now Playing: Canciónes de Violetta



I couldn't remember exactly how I got hooked to Violetta.

One moment, I was calling its plot another Disney Channel cliché, when my Argentine friend Selene (who doesn't like the series) explained a bit of the story to me (it wasn't in Asia at the time yet), then suddenly, tables turned, and I now find myself rushing to go home, have dinner, and take a bath every weeknight to catch the 10 p.m. screening of the show.

There's just something about this Disney Channel telenovela that got me. Aside from the fact that it's one hell of a show with REALLY hot guys, I think its fun and catchy Spanish songs (that are just so Disney) also made me like it. 

Listening to them is also a great way for me to refresh my Spanish vocabulary over the break. It's actually amazing how I could actually understand some of the songs without hearing their English dubbed versions. I can't believe my Spanish lessons are paying off in the most unconventional of ways! Hahahaha!

And, because I've been listening to the three albums of Violetta a lot lately, I'll be sharing with you 10 of my favourite songs from the show:



Ser Mejor
I have this on repeat everyday! It's pretty uplifting and motivational. I love listening to it!


~ ~ ~


Ahí Estaré
This is one of the best and most catchy-tuned love songs in Violetta, I daresay. It's actually the first one I liked. I even fancy the English version. Cute!



~ ~ ~

Te Esperaré
Yes, Tomas, just pour out all those feels in the song...


~ ~ ~


Te Creo
It sucks that the English version of this song is "I Love You", when the Spanish title clearly IS NOT "Te Quiero". Oh, well, I guess, sometimes, some stuff just get lost in translation...


~ ~ ~



Euforia (English version)
They're singing in English, but it's not dubbed! Gosh, León! You sound so American!


~ ~ ~



Tienes Todo
Para todo, para nada! <3


~ ~ ~



Verte de Lejos
OK, Vilu, I feel you. I can't make up my mind either!


~ ~ ~


Entre Tu y Yo
What a cheeseball of a song! But I'd be lying if I say that I didn't play this song with my guitar, cos I DID! :D


~ ~ ~


Entre dos Mundos
If you're gonna whistle in a song, you better do it right.
Well, León did!


~ ~ ~


Dile Que Si
The awkward dancing of Tomas in the video is a bonus :D



Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment