Pages

Saturday 10 November 2012

Avatar: The Last Airbender - Attempting Fan Art


Having nothing to do yesterday afternoon, I put my Avatar: The Last Airbender fangirling to a test: I drew portraits of Team Avatar. I'm not really good when it comes to drawing, but I'm not bad at it either. It's safe to say that I'm OK.

With the help of two pencils, an eraser, and The Promise Trilogy as a guide, I just started sketching and sketching until midnight. 

I really had fun drawing the characters, as the outcomes surprised me greatly. Never did I think that I'll be able to draw them. I decided to leave out the eyes, though, since I'm terrible in drawing eyes and I want to keep this 'effect'.

I'm planning on digitally adding colour to them when I get the time to do it. In the mean time, here are my sketches:

AANG
I found drawing Aang the easiest. It's just a matter of
making the shape of his head, and to perfect
that playful smile of his.

KATARA
I loved drawing Katara, especially her hair. She's just this
really beautiful animated character, so I tried not to ruin
that in my drawing - and of course, to give her and her
creators justice.

SOKKA
Sokka is also one of the easiest to draw. I like the shape
of his head (like a potato), so I just imagined that while
sketching.

TOPH
Toph is my favourite character in the series, so I wanted
to capture her personality in my drawing, including her
mischievous smile. I also liked drawing her hair.

SUKI
Suki gave me a hard time. Adding her beautiful eyes
or not was such a dilemma to me, because I love the
Kyoshi warrior makeup! I decided to rule it out, though,
and just draw her lips.

ZUKO
Zuko gave me the most trouble of all! He has the most
complex facial features, with that scar and all. Being my
toon crush, I really had to do a good job in this
one, which I wish I did.


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment