Pages

Monday 6 August 2012

Happy :)


Despite the fact that I'm pissed about the rescheduling of my exams in NatSci and Psych, and that I'm having a terrible headache - which is scaring the heck out of me - right now, I'm feeling happy

I can't exactly remember the last time I felt so happy that I went close to tears, so I'm just enjoying the positive emotions flowing through my veins and raging in my nerves at the moment.

What's making me feel so, you ask? 

Well, I made it to AIESEC! It's a dream of mine to make it in the organisation, and now that I'm officially an AIESECer, I can't help but smile! 

I was very keen about my preparation for the application, to be honest. I really wanted to get through, so I made sure that I'm ready when the application process starts. I spent a chunk of last summer (plus school days) researching about AIESEC, reading testimonials, thinking about possible questions and coming up with good answers for the interview, working on my socially-awkward personality, and my speaking as well. It was all about breaking through my shell, and taking a step closer to my dream of making a difference.

When UST's Org Fair kicked off in July, I had no hesitations and signed up. I was ready. I've filled out the application form, attended the Orientation Seminar, accomplished a questionnaire, and went through the interview. Everything went smoothly, except for the latter. My nerves took over again, and I thought I did an awful job. My voice sounded so wrong. My answers seem disorganised. And I was too shaky. I felt so bad about it - how could I let a dream of mine go just like that? I was starting to accept my failure, leaving everything to God and St. Jude, when I checked my email today, and found out that I made it!

Whew. 

Pouring your whole heart into something really does pay off :)

THANK YOU, AIESEC!



I'll be reviewing now... (Exams in Maths and English tomorrow!)


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment