Pages

Saturday 5 November 2011

Roadtrip

Well, I could say that today and yesterday have been quite a trip. From Laguna to Manila, then Manila to Quezon, and from Quezon back to Laguna (which seems like forever, if you'll ask me), my butt - pretty much - is tired and flat from seating. The car seat isn't pleased about it either.

Before school kicks off again on the 8th, my family and I decided to go out for a while for some bonding. We went to Lucena to visit my dad's office (his project is located there - don't ask.) and to have some dinner - that was yesterday. Today, we had a quick breakfast at the hotel, and soon drove off to Lucban to attend a healing mass at Kamay Ni Hesus. The place is quite popular in the country due to its healing priests and powers. We then had our lunch at the famous Kamayan Sa Palaisdaan restaurant. I've been there when I was younger, and the food hasn't changed - still yummy! - maybe, even better! After having lunch, we planned on indulging in some halo-halo, but the garden where the dessert was sold was closed. My mum is frustrated, as well as my sweet tooth.

I really enjoyed our trip, and thank God we're home.

Just some of the stuff I brought along for the trip hanging out on my lap. My mobile (for games!), a magazine (I never go away without it), and a Dido CD to pop into the player.

The church just after the mass.

The statues in the mountain by the church. Mama and I climbed it. Gosh, we're tired!

Just a piece of the view from the peak.

If you've been to Brazil, you probably saw the Christ the Redeemer statue. If you visit Lucban, make sure to check out the Philippine version of it in Kamay ni Hesus.

My feet at the peak...

My tired feet on one of what seemed like a thousand steps. 

The sweatiest I've ever been since military training...
And yes, I'm wearing the shirt given to me by one of my closest friends :))

Some of the kubos at Kamayan sa Palaisdaan.

Me smiling at the camera while watching fingerlings swim quickly in the pond.

On the floating kubo...

Lovely orchids waiting to be purchased. We bought a pot for my dear Mommy (my grandma, abuelita, lola)


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment