Pages

Thursday 3 November 2011

Birthday Wishes, Flowers, Halloween, and an aMRAZing Concert

It's a bit late for this one now (blame my  bloody slow internet connection!), but I really want to tell you about what happened during the last few days of October starting on my birthday...

28 October
My 17th birthday turned out better than I expected it to. I baked my birthday cake, you see, and I thought it would be a full-blown disaster, but it wasn't! It wasn't perfect either, but it was OK. I have to lessen the batter in the baking pan next time, though.

For lunch, we ate at a Chinese restaurant, and ordered what seemed like a feast fit for a king. In my case, a queen. That's the thing: we never miss out Chinese food when somebody in our family celebrates their birthday. I'm not a big fan of it, but shrimp dumplings and some noodles make me smile!

In the afternoon, we ate the cake I baked - it's blueberry, by the way, gobbled up some thin crust pizza (pepperoni and shrimp - yum!), and had some strawberry and caramel ice cream. Then for dinner, my dad bought these ginormous crabs and crispy pata.

God, the food was great! I think I gained weight, but that's all right cos a growing girl like me can't stick to 41 kg, especially at 17.

OK, let me introduce you to the Birthday Wall. It's in our living room, and whenever somebody in the family celebrates their birthday, the wall would be decorated, ready to greet the birthday girl/boy. I had that Aladdin banner since I was four. The genie's hair has been torn had taped on a lot of times now...

The proud artist with her cake masterpiece. Yes, I baked all four mini cakes, plus the fondant on top. Don't judge me, though. I'm not a pro.

I baked mini Harry Potter cakes - just so you know.

 

 

 
A BIG THANKS to Wilton!


I wore my Harry Potter costume to feel the mood in a deeper level :))

Pepperoni pizza!!

Shrimp pizza!!

I added some blueberries in my strawberry ice cream for more flavour. It did the trick!



29 October 
My aunt bought some flowers for our lolo's grave, and I played with the excess blossoms. The sunflower, however, is my request. I've always wanted to hold a real sunflower, and my wish was granted! I couldn't stop thanking Mamanet that night.






*Some photos are taken on the 30th of October.


30 October
I love Jason Mraz's music, so when I found out that he will be dropping by the country for a one night concert, I did not hesitate to get a ticket at once! But, due to Jason's popularity in the country, the front row and centre row seats have all been taken. I was sooo devastated, but I was lucky enough to get a spot close to the stage, but on the side. I watched with Papa, but he was a layer behind me.

Watching his Live on Earth DVD a lot of times in the past, I was convinced that he he really is a great performer. Little did I know that he is a million times better live!

The night was filled with music, dancing, and advice from Mr. A-Z himself! Making things better, Jason's percussion-playing buddy Toca Rivera tagged along! 

It was such an awesome night, and I feel sorry for those who missed it. Fortunately, Jason Mraz is planning to come back on 2012! Mark your calendars, people!!!

This is probably the best photo I took all through the night. I was having such a great time that I ditched the camera, and just sang and danced along with the crowd.

 


It was my first time to attend a concert this BIG. The audience had great energy. I bet Jason loved that.


This is how far I am from the stage. It's nearer than you think. What's crappy, though, is that all of us - including those in the front and centre rows - paid the same price! 

A photo of me after the concert.


31 October

HALLOWEEN!!! Decorations at home had been put up earlier. I even mistook the paper bat hanging over my bed as a real ghost. Ha! Ha!



Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment