Pages

Sunday 20 May 2012

Friday Feast Fit For Friends :)


I had a lovely Friday with two of my closest friends, Angel and Felis. We haven't had much time together this summer (apart from playing badminton two weeks ago), so I decided to invite them over my house for a baking session.

We met at around 10 in the morning at the supermarket to buy some ingredients. We then headed to my house, and played a round of Jenga - one of my fave games. I thought I was boring them, so I let them watch 3 Idiots. I've been itching to let them see that film, and I'm glad that they liked it! 

For lunch, we had my mum's garlic shrimp pasta over small talk. After filling our stomachs, we started baking. Damn, it was hot! Mixing the batter, heating the oven, and taking the baking pans out burned our stored energy, but it was fun!

Angel made these really yummy s'mores muffins, without following a recipe at all - the girl is an expert - while Felis and I started off with the basic batter. Felis made her chunky blueberry jam muffins, which are waaay better than the blueberry muffins I attempted to bake before - they're really good! I made some hazelnut muffins, coloured hearts, carnival mud pie, and vintage swirls - I just like experimenting! Not all of them turned out right, though. In fact, the hazelnut muffins are my only success.

To celebrate and cool down a bit, we had a little muffin party with a bit of non-alcoholic wine soda in our garden to taste what we came up with. They were quite a lot, and we cannot scarf them all down, so Felis and Angel took some for their folks at home, and I kept a few, too, for dessert later that day.

It was a truly awesome day, and I can't wait for our next baking session!


PS.
I'll post the recipes as soon as we decide on the names of our outputs, which we have yet to do. 

















Andz

2 comments:

  1. DAMN IT!! WE NEED TO DO THIS AGAIN!!!! I have a new discovered recipe! lol !! I love you guys!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE HAVE TO!! WE REALLY HAVE TO!!!

    ReplyDelete