Pages

Wednesday 22 February 2012

It's not as Though I'm Naked!


They say that you are what you wear, just like how you are what you eat. And with my ensemble for today: a tank top underneath a sweatshirt + a denim skirt over an undeniably dark pair of tights + boots, and not to mention, my underwear - just a few pieces that I have which I'm very comfortable wearing - you can say that I'm a creative person, who mixes and matches her clothes. You might also find me too clothed for the tropical Philippine weather. Or, you could've also thought I'm such a steal, wondering where I got my sweatshirt or my boots cos they are cute... unphilosophically speaking.

However, I must've done something utterly wrong with what I wore, because the security guard and librarian found something indecent with what I was wearing, and didn't let me enter the library unless I wore something more  "appropriate", because they said that my skirt is too short

But what is appropriate, really? Isn't what I was wearing appropriate? Does it ruin the reputation of my school? Do I look like a whore? Does my look reveal too much skin? It's not as though I'm naked! I'm bloody wrapped up in an awful lot of clothes! People in leggings and an ordinary T-shirt get to enter the library! How is that any different with a skirt over tights? Does it mean, if I take my skirt off they'll let me in? Even the people in the very conservative Catholic Church let me in!

I just don't get it, and I just want to clear this off my chest.

I wish that no girl, erm, anybody else, would be shunned from entering the library again for what they're wearing. If you'll ask me, I find it rather stupid.


Andz

2 comments: