Pages

Friday 12 August 2011

Thomasian Welcome Walk 2011

After being cancelled twice, due to the awful weather the country had been experiencing over the past few months, the momentous 'walk' every freshman (that includes me!) in the University of Santo Tomas had been waiting for finally pushed through on the 5th of August, 2011. The day was sunny, and though it rained throughout the night (a LOT of students braved the rain for the afterparty and a series of concerts of local bands), that very memorable moment marked every Quadricentennial Baby as a true Thomasian!

 At exactly 4:18 in the afternoon, I entered the historic Arch of the Centuries

 Our section!

 The Arch of the Centuries from behind
 
Meet my new friend Ariel - she's named after one of my fave Disney Princesses: COOL!


 A heap of our bags, which caused our backs to be sore for some time...


 The awesome transition of day to night.




 Look who fluttered by!




 That's Jackie - she's addicted to cheesecake (or at least that's what I know.)

 JOAN! A fellow Potterhead - she's awesome!

 Another Potterhead - Kai! You'll love it when she starts an animated conversation about Harry Potter!

 Rain + Lights


Mary - the artist behind the penguin drawings on my arm. Check her out at:  http://supmariadel.wordpress.com


 Just before the walk...

 My new school...


 Playful lights...



 I dunno who this band is, but they opened the afterparty...








 Verlie - we got lost on the first day of PE. Well, we just came in too early :))

Nope, not lightsabers. 


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment