Pages

Saturday 7 June 2014

The Fault in Our Stars: Just... Okay


So, I saw The Fault in Our Stars today...

...and as much as I hate to admit it, the film did not impress me that much. 

*feels the hate* 

The months that led to its release date had been a truly grueling wait for me as well as for other fans of the book out there - and just so you know, patience is not my strongest suit. But I knew that, somehow, my effort would be given justice soon enough. However, when I finally saw the movie, I was pretty disappointed, and I don't even know why! 

Right now, I just feel bad that I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I even felt the need to force tears out of my eyes, just to say that I cried. Pathetic, I know, but watching the movie, it felt like I just kept on waiting for a turning point that will make me ultimately change my mind about what I was seeing, but it never came.

The thing is, I wanted to love it - believe me, I really do - but I just couldn't get myself to, and that saddens me. Perhaps, my expectations were just too high. 

Anyhow, although I didn't find the movie great, I'm not saying that it was bad. 

The essence of the book is there. The soundtrack is amazing (this I couldn't deny!). Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort are in the running as the Couple of the Decade after portraying Hazel and Augustus flawlessly. Laura Dern IS Hazel's mum. Willem Dafoe...you can't hate him enough, especially as Peter Van Houten. And, Nat Wolff, well, they couldn't have chosen a better Isaac.

See? I'm saying all these positive comments, which just makes me all the more confused as to why I didn't like the film. 

Maybe, I should see it again, THEN, I could write a better review (this post isn't even a review! I just want to let out all of my feels). But for now, I will say that overall, it was  just okay


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment