Pages

Thursday 24 April 2014

DIY: Nail Polish-Dotted Wood Bead Bracelets























At an art market last year, I instantly fell in love with this hand-painted wood bead bracelet I spotted. Even better, it’s painted with nail polish, which means, I could easily reproduce it at home.

Being the huge beaded bracelet (and nail polish) fan that I am, I decided to buy one (just to add it in my collection and as a souvenir as well), and attempted to make another myself.


It’s really, really easy to make. As long as you’ve got some nail polish, plain wood bead, and a piece of elastic string, you’re good to go. You don’t even have to worry about water-proofing the designs you make, because nail polish is water resistant.

Now here's the how-to: Make a bracelet with the plain wood beads and the elastic string. Knot the two ends to secure. Then, with the colours of your choice, simply dot designs on the beads, letting each colour dry before dotting another.


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment