Pages

Monday 31 March 2014

Three Cheers for 3 Years!


Innocent Wild turns 3 today, and I almost forgot! That's the thing with summer breaks... I lose my sense of time. Anyhow, I'm glad I was running through old posts, and I stumbled over last year's 2nd anniversary post, because if I didn't, I probably would've just let this day pass.

Maintaining a blog is difficult enough - never mind three years of it! There's the dread of harsh comments, the embarrassment after publishing posts with typos or grammatical errors (sometimes, I just want to die because of this), and the craving of more experiences to share with your readers. But for the most part, you just want to be read.

Over my time as a blogger, I've watched my stats rise and fall, had the shock of my life whenever I find out that people from some country I don't know view my posts, felt pissed that a post I've worked so hard on only earned three views (and I'm not even sure if all three of them read it), tried different things and went to different places just so I could post something people might find interesting, and of course, I've also felt discouraged to carry on whenever I over-think about the fact that, maybe, nobody wants to read about the life, musings, and ideas of some middle class Filipino teenager like me after all.

But I'm happy I never stopped, and I don't think I will be stopping soon.

So yeah, three cheers for three years of fun, heartbreak, music, fangirling, crafting, travelling, cooking, and whatnot! 

And here's a BIG THANK YOU to all the readers - new and old - who keep checking back in for more!


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment