Pages

Thursday 13 March 2014

Dessert: Frozen Strawberries Drizzled With Condensed Milk


One of the best things about summer coming: strawberries. Yes, STRAWBERRIES. Not the heat (I hate the heat). Not the beach parties (I don't like parties). And, definitely not the boring vacation days (because I don't have the genius brain of Phineas or Ferb). So yeah, strawberries, which is why I was simply beyond ecstatic when I found a tray of strawberries from Baguio in our fridge a few days ago.

I've always eaten them fresh (with cream!) or made jams, but at the time, I wanted to try something different, so I froze the strawberries and drizzled them with condensed milk for dessert. Of course, the outcome was delish. The sweetness and creaminess of the milk went so well with the acidity of the cold and crunchy strawberries. In other words, the outcome was magic.

I know this is a pretty shallow topic (forgive me, my brain is super sabaw with all the academic requirements I have to comply with. I'm just posting in here just so you know that I still do exist.), but there's always someone out there in the world who hasn't tried this treat, so allow me to share with you one of the many ways to make a simple frozen strawberries dessert.

Frozen Strawberries Drizzled With Condensed Milk

Fresh Strawberries
Chilled Condensed Milk

***


1. Rinse the strawberries and remove the stalks and leaves.


2. Slice the top of the strawberries and cut them into halves. This will make freezing them (and eating them later) easier.


3. Leave the strawberries in the fridge for 5-7 hours.


4. If the strawberries seem too hard to bite after a few hours in the fridge, thaw them a bit.


5. Drizzle some condensed milk over the strawberries.

Enjoy!


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment