Pages

Saturday 29 March 2014

What You Missed: Candy Craft Party


An avid crafter myself, I was probably one of the most excited Candy Girls, when I found out that Candy will be releasing a DIY book.

Sure, the magazine features crafts every now and then, but I just couldn’t get enough of them! So, I thought the DIY book might satisfy the crafty side of me…or at least, a bit (since I’m always restless when it comes to making something new with my shaky already-arthritic hands).

I decided to grab my copy of the Candy DIY Book (get yours for only 175php at a bookstore near you!) during its book launching event last 20 March at Fully Booked The Fort (The Bridgeway), which doubled as a craft party.

Guests, young and old, took the liberty of making their own craft projects. From pom-poms to postcards to rings, it was simply a lovely afternoon to let one’s creative juices flow, while having fun at the same time.

Authors, Macy Alcaraz, Mikko Sumulong, Alessandra Lanot, and Mansy Abesamis, whose projects graced the book, were also at the event to meet fellow crafters and sign their copies of the DIY Book. 



Unlimited access to washi tapes, ribbons, buttons and
whatnot!
I enjoyed the stamping station the most ♥


Check out these post cards I made :D

An artist's (crafter's) hands are almost never clean.
#ShowEmOff #ProudCrafter

Some rings I made... (the one in the middle was made for me by my fellow
Council of Cool member, Mika)

With Candy's Web Managing Editor and Candy DIY Book
Editor-In-Chief Ms. Macy and Mika


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment