Pages

Saturday 21 December 2013

A Time To Celebrate :)

It's day one of my Christmas break, and guess what? I've got tons to do and they're not even related to having a happy holiday. I don't know why but these professors seem to find happiness in making our lives miserable. 

I had a great week, anyhow, and that's OK, I guess, because I'll be hitting school work over the Christmas season. I could just imagine myself reading a boring paper about photography whilst having noche buena or media noche. Goooosh, what a holiday!

17 December - Tuesday - The Flame's Christmas Party

My second family in school are my co-writers in The Flame, the official publication of the Faculty of Arts and Letters. Our paper may be less known in UST, but I still believe that we've got the best writers out there, and to celebrate another year together (a year of fun, controversies, and stressing out), we held our Christmas party last Tuesday at the so-called Lover's Lane.

It was a very simple get-together - some food, old friends, games, and prizes - but still, it was a very special night for all of us.





18 December - Wednesday - Foot Massage Lounge Media Launch 

I've always loved massages, so attending Foot Massage Lounge's media launch is simply divine! 

In fact, I consider myself lucky for getting this assignment, because I was in dire need of some relaxation with school work being mixed with the Christmas rush.

My fellow Council of Cool member, Bianca, and I were treated with FML's signature foot massage, and we had the best 75 minutes of the day.







20 December - Friday - 3JRN1 Class Party, Paskuhan, Paskuhan sa Asturias

With the academic calendar being moved in preparation for ASEAN 2015 (we'll be starting school in July next year and our semester and Christmas break will be merged), yesterday was probably the last Paskuhan - the annual big Christmas celebration of UST - or at least, the last for now

I've never attended any Paskuhan festivities in my past two years in Santo Tomas, so I finally decided to attend this one. It was going really well until it rained in the afternoon. 

I was so bummed, because I pictured lying on the grass with friends at the grandstand, while local bands played their hits. Looks like fate had other plans, and most of my classmates and I ended up chit-chatting in a classroom after our class party, until the rain stopped in the evening.

UST was a full mayhem when we tried to join in the fun. Students and guests were all crowded at the food stalls, the field was too muddy and only brave souls dared to brave it for the concert, and there was barely a place to buy food and sit down to eat.

The Paskuhan didn't meet my expectations at all, and I feel really guilty for not attending the past ones, which were surely better and not to mention, drier.

My friends and I still tried to make up for the upset, and we had some drinks and sisig at Asturias street, where a street drinking party was held ("Paskuhan sa Asturias")

It was my first time drinking out with college friends, and I really loved the energy of the place. Music blared from the speakers, colourful lights played in the dark, the scent of food, alcohol, and smoke filled the air, and the people were just so ... alive. I've never really liked parties, but I sure enjoyed this one :)

As it was too late (and unsafe) to head home to Laguna, I spent the night at Kai's place with Jica. Before hitting the bunk (er, couch), we watched Stoker and talked a bit. 

I woke up the next morning with Kai's shihtzu, Ivan, curled into a fluffy ball beside me. I didn't dare to move a muscle, and I wasn't able to sleep again :D

Here are some photos from the parties that I was tagged in/were sent to me. I'll update the post once I find more :)

<3 3JRN1
<3


 









Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment