Pages

Tuesday 15 October 2013

Thank God It's Sem-Break!

SEM-BREAK.

If there’s one thing every Filipino college student looks forward to every year, it would be the “sem-break”.

After all the gruelling school work that we had to deal with over the past semester (however you took on them), we all deserve some time to rest, spend time with the family, catch up with old friends, eat, drink, breathe, and do whatever we wish.

The previous semester was a roller coaster of all sorts for me. It was good. It was bad. It was awesome. It was torture. It also cost me a lot of things.

The amount of work I had to finish took its toll on my health, deprived me from sleep, cost me the three kilograms I was so proud to have gained in the spring/summer, and it just cost me my life in general.

Flipping through my journal entries, there wasn’t a week that went by that I didn’t complain about homework, projects, tests, and whatnot. But you know what? Those ideas of the devil that are eternally stored in our professors’ heads actually help us appreciate the break more – make us feel that we’re really worthy to have it.

I don’t really have big plans this sem-break. As much as I’d love to travel again (even if it’s just within the Philippines), I don’t think I would be able to for a few good reasons, and choosing to buy a DSLR camera (which can be very costly) for my photojournalism course next semester instead of jet-setting again is one of them.

Sometimes, even if it’s such a pain in the ass, you just have to weigh your needs and wants, and of course, prioritise your needs.

So… What am I going to do this sem-break? Well, I’ve decided to … wait for it … SLEEP. I really miss sleeping. Seriously. They say that  more than three hours of sleep is a luxury for journalists, so I better sleep all those hours I’m going to miss for the rest of my life now.

I also want to COOK. Yes, cook. I came from a family of really good cooks (and I’m not afraid to be super proud of that), and I want to be a part of the new generation those really good cooks. The “greatness” can’t stop with my mum and aunt – I won’t let that happen. I already have a mental list of recipes I want to try, and I can’t wait to get cooking!

And of course, I’d love to HANG OUT with my high school friends. I haven’t seen them in what seems like years, and I miss them so much! They have been bugging me for a meeting too, and besides, who can say no to my Stargirls and my boys? Haha!


So yeah, let the sem-break begin!


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment