Pages

Saturday 14 April 2012

Good Morning!


Well, I must say that I still couldn't get over with last night's show of American Idol. 

First off, I just can't believe that Joshua and Jessica are in the bottom 3, though they're not my favourites. They're really strong competitors of this season - frontrunners even! Second, JESSICA WAS ALMOST ELIMINATED?! Third, J Lo actually got on the stage and took the microphone out of Jessica's hand as she was singing the 'save me' song to pull her to the 'safe' side. Whoah. It was just too much to handle, even though I've already known since morning yesterday what's going to happen (I read live blogs). 

Sometimes, I even get the feeling that the whole results show was staged, as though they didn't want the 'save' to be used on any other contestant but Jessica, so they "cut" her and used the 'save' on her. It could also be a vote boost for Jessica, as her fans would be picking up their phones every Thursday night just to make sure that their favourite won't get eliminated...again. Press releases by TMZ and tweets from the producers and Ryan before the show about a shocking result just added up to lessen the falseness of the scenario. 

However, it could also be the fact that the voting demographic that matters. The biggest viewers of the show are teenage girls, and teenage girls don't vote for teenage girls with big voices! They vote for cute guys! This season, we have Phillip and Colton, who'll surely stay in the competition long enough because they have the profile of the past winners - they're white guys who play instruments! I know that I'm in no position to judge the show I've been watching for years and years now, but there's just something in the show last night that seemed off.

On the other side of my head, BRANGELINA ARE ENGAGED! 


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment