Pages

Friday 30 March 2012

The African Dream


I was in Africa over the past few days. Kidding! Well, my pa was - in Nairobi, Kenya, to be exact - and he arrived yesterday afternoon, bringing home some of the coolest finds he got his eyes on during his stay there. And by the looks of it (and his pictures), the experience has been an amazing one for him, though the reason for the trip is business-centred.

It's a dream of mine to go to Africa, to tell you the truth. Ever since I was young, I had already been fascinated about Africa, and the countries that make up the beautiful continent. Growing up, seeing beautiful illustrations and sceneries in encyclopaedias, I've always pictured myself on an African safari, getting a glimpse of the wild in person!

I’ve never had a major ideology of the place as a region of conflict and poverty. Rather, I’ve always found Africa as a very blessed continent, the cradle of natural beauty, with the most diverse biomes, and some of the most colourful cultures known to exist in history.

When I get older, and if I were given the chance to visit Africa, I really would! But for now, I’ll just enjoy these awesome knick-knacks papa got me during his trip.

New toys! Haha! Not quite, but I'll play with them in a while.

Love this pair of beaded leather slippers! 
The ever-so-colourful Masai Tribe.

Sarabi or Nala? I dunno!


Fast fact: Ostriches are descendants of dinosaurs.

Giraffes!

This is my pa. I find this photo kinda funny.
He looked fat - his worst nightmare!




Andz

2 comments:

  1. GOSH! It's my DREAM to got to Africa as well! gosh I want to take awesome photos there! Someday... we'll be able to go there! and We will! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will! We will! I know we will!

    ReplyDelete