Pages

Friday 31 January 2014

Today in Chinatown


GONG XI FA CAI!!!


I spent half of my day shooting scenes at Manila Chinatown with some friends for our photojourn project. I was also in Binondo around the same time last year (for a project, too), but I have to say that I really had a smashing time today.

We were required to shoot in black and white with film cameras, so I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to share our snaps with you yet. But I managed to take some pictures with my trusty point-and-shoot camera and they come with this post, so if you're too bored to read right now, you can just scroll down to view them. Haha!

Although I enjoy taking photos, I must say that shooting around Manila Chinatown at Chinese New Year is a real challenge not only in composing the pictures, but also because a lot of really interesting things are happening all at once and you just want to record every single one of them. But of course, that's not possible, so you'll just have to settle with what you see or come across, and take the best damn photo of it.

I honestly couldn't get my thoughts sorted while shooting and I ended up taking pictures of crappy things during the first few hours. I then got lost (well, not really, but I couldn't find my friends anywhere!), and just took the time to shoot more subjects. By that time, I decided to take photos of kids, which I will share with you in a different post.

We were done by lunch, and when we couldn't take the heat, and our hunger and thirst anymore, we had some noodles at Mr. Ube Rice and Noodle House, then bought some tikoy and lucky charms after.

Ongpin Street. Where the magic happens...



This kid became a one-day celebrity.



These photographers - amateurs and pros alike - have found their heaven.

We got to shoot from the fire truck too!





That would be me with my team-slash-friends :)

Jica, Joan, Mary, and PL

We took this photo and spotted some of our other
classmates in the background. LOL!


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment