Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

Quick Dessert: Homemade Avocado Ice Cream - Step-by-Step


I've always loved the creamy texture and taste of an avocado; however, while most people across the globe savoured the goodness of avocados in guacamole, I belong in that minority of sweetened avocado fans.

As a kid, my mum would make the typical Filipino avocado dessert by scooping the avocado flesh and mixing it with milk, ice, and some sugar. Sometimes, we would also make avocado milkshakes. But then again, there's no limit as to how to prepare the perfect sweetened avocado!

Now, here's an easy dessert to make this avocado season: homemade avocado ice cream. This is not an original recipe of mine and there are so many versions of this treat, but I sure know how to make damn good avocado ice cream (or at least that's what my mum says) with the simplest ingredients and the simplest steps.

Homemade Avocado Ice Cream

Avocados
Condensed Milk
Sugar

***

1. Slice the avocado open, take out the seed, and slice the flesh diagonally on both directions.

2. Scoop out the sliced flesh.

3. You can either make an avocado puree with a blender or food processor, or manually mash the flesh with a fork, which I always do, because I want my ice cream chunky.

4. When you're happy with the consistency of your avocado, transfer it into a bowl (if you used a blender or food processor) and add in about a teaspoon of sugar. 

5. Gradually pour the milk into the bowl, and mix well.

6. Freeze the mixture.

7. Serve and enjoy.




*Notes:  
-I didn't place any measurements, because I hardly use them and the taste of the ice cream highly depends on your personal preference.
-I like pairing my avocado ice cream with waffles or milk biscuits - you might as well try them together.


Andz

2 comments:

  1. I tried this...It came out nicely...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! It's one of my most favourite desserts :) I'm glad you liked it :)

      Delete